Health & Safety:
Most activities at Nene Whitewater Centre are considered to be ‘risk assumed’ we therefore have the following regulations in place for your safety, and that of your fellow participants and our staff. We reserve the right to exclude participants from activities when these regulations are not followed.
– Be in good health and confident in water.
– Listen carefully to the safety briefing for your activity.
– Follow all instructions given to you by our staff.
– Ensure that all cuts and abrasions are covered with a waterproof dressing, prior to taking part in any water based activities.
– Provide a completed Parental/Guardian Consent Form for any under 18s participating in our activities.
You MUST NOT:
– Be under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substances (excluding many prescription medications).
– Take part in our activities whilst pregnant.
– Exceed 6’4” in height or weigh more than 18 stone. (This may not apply to your chosen activity, please contact us to confirm)
In addition we recommend that glasses are not worn during water activities and that contact lenses and goggles are worn instead where possible.
Please inform us, prior to booking, if any of your party have additional needs or requirements.
There a various illnesses (e.g. Leptospirosis and Weill’s disease) that can be contracted from open water. If you or any of your party feel ill within the three weeks following your visit please contact your doctor and inform them that you have recently participated in activities on the river. To help limit any risk of illness we suggest that you use our showers directly after your activity and then shower again once you return home.
– Refunds on Nene Whitewater Centre vouchers can be made within 14 days of purchase.
-You may reschedule your activity after booking or extend the expiry date of a Nene Whitewater Centre activity voucher up to two weeks prior to your activity date. A £15 administration fee will apply.
– Extensions or refunds on all other vouchers will need to be agreed by the issuing company.
Booking & Cancellation:
– A 50% deposit or full payment must be made at the point of booking your activity.
– If the cancellation is made up to 2 weeks prior to your activity/event then 50% of the total cost will be charged.
– If less than 2 weeks’ notice is given then 100% of the total cost will be charged.
– You may reschedule your booking up to 2 weeks prior to the activity/event, at which point a £15 administration fee will apply.
– No refunds will be given in the event of non-attendance.
– The Nene White Water Centre reserve the right to cancel any session due to low booking numbers or incidents which prevent the safe running of an activity e.g. electrical storms, flooding or an interruption to utility services. In this instance, alternative dates will be offered and any expired vouchers honoured.
The Nene Whitewater Centre, Bedford Road, Northampton NN4 7AA
Tel: 01604 634040